Saturday, February 19, 2011

oops! Let's catch up...

Well, if you read my previous blog, you'll notice that the date is from January.. of last year. This quickly takes me to an episode of "FRIENDS" (if you're going to read my blog, you'll have to get used to that... it happens more than I'd care to admit). Do you remember the episode with all the resolutions? Rachel got a journal and said she'd write in it everyday, and only wrote in it once! Well it looks like I did the same thing! Last year was insanely busy for me, I can barely remember anything! My complete and total focus was graduating. I thought I was graduating in May, then it moved to August, then it moved to December, and thank the sweet sweet Lord that it finally happened on December 18th. It was a long 10 years full of many laughs and many tears. I'm thankful everyday for the friends and family I had who never gave up on me when it was very easy to do so!

So, the previous blog stated that Julie and I were going to attempt to start our decorating business. We are so fortunate that during the down times last year we got to get some work done! Work really picked up in the Fall and when Christmas rolled around we began Christmas decorating as well. We enjoyed it so much, but it was exhausting! We got a lot of the kinks out, being newbies and all, and have it figured out now. Also, having my degree will allow us to charge a little more ;) Last night we FINALLY ordered our business cards. They are so cute! When I get them I'll upload a pic. Here's the template: front & back.

Currently... Like I said, I graduated in December and I have been searching high and low for a job. I had no idea how hard this would be. My field is just not in demand right now. Interior decorating isn't in demand, not to mention there's far fewer people out there who have extra money to play with. I've applied to at least 100 places all over DFW. I've been fortunate to have a handful of interviews, but it's a slow process. I will start subbing for LISD in about 2 weeks, so at least there will be some money coming in with that.

I'm going to stay as positive as I can and try to be patient. I know God has this job out there waiting for me, and it's perfect! I'm reminding myself of this everyday no matter how hard it is. Please pray I find something soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment